Sunday, October 4, 2009

And Life Continues

Well, quite a few things have changed since I last wrote. Nothing about where my heart lies, but rather where my home abides, and those whom I have by my side. God has been working many small and slow changes in my life, and it has seemed like a refreshing stream of assurance that He is bringing about His plans for my life.



Here are some of the highlights from the last few months:

~I got to go on a trip to New York with a group from Centennial Evangelical Free Church. It was a good experience, and it opened up my heart a bit more to the possibility of teaching.

~God brought me through bronchitis, and also gave me the chance to have more time to finish my last course for my BA in Intercultural Studies. Praise God it's done!!!

~My brother got married to a godly, wonderful woman who is completely adorable. :)

~I moved to a new house, which I share with five gorgeous and hilarious roommates. Our house has a lot of personality and adventure! From pillow fights, to bed-time stories, to backed-up plumbing, and weekly roomie meetings, it's been a great time living with these girls so far. They have been an encouragment and blessing to me, in life and in my walk with God.









God has put each of us in this house together for a reason, and I believe in the neighborhood for a reason as well. We are the newest neighbors on the block for about 15 years, I believe. It's exciting and humbling!

Lastly, another exciting thing I've been praying about is regaring how and when I am considering to gain overseas experience. A friend of mine from the ICS trip told me about a program called JET (Japan Exchange and Teaching Program). I checked it out and talked with some people, and it looks like a very good program. Still, a program that looks good, sounds good, and even is good, may not be in God's plan. I am leaving the end decision in God's hands. I am definitly praying right now about applying to this program, so I'd appreciate prayer from friends about God's will and timing.
Another prayer request would be regarding work come December or January. I have been so thankful to God for the job I have still had since freshman year at Northwestern. I love my boss, and everyone I work with. I need prayer, however, for the next step. Come November or December, I'll probably be moving on (since I graduated), and hopefully find something close to where I live. So I'd love prayer for that as well!
God has been blessing each small step of moving forward, and I am so glad I can trust Him for provision and a future in His will. Pray that I'd continue to keep my trust only in Him. Pray that I'd continue to seek Him more and more every day, in His Word and in prayer.

Thank you, my friends :D
And thank You, God. As always, your grace overflows.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Welcome back to the blog, Gorgeous!

We'll be praying for God's guidance and direction, and that you keep your ears open to His still small voice.

Also: Beautiful pictures of your housemates. I'm glad God has given you friends who can also keep you accountable.

Heidi said...

I really love your pictures :D I'm so excited to see your new place and to hear about all the cool things God has been doing in your life!