WARNING: this is a (not so) brief description of my week recruiting, since I didn't have internet to post while I was in SD and IA.
1.17.12 Today I woke up with an urgent feeling in Zumbro Falls, MN…and I’m going to bed with an uncertain and awkward one in Inwood, IA. I just feel a little out of balance with everything, if you know what I mean.
• Driving conditions I did not expect on my way to Sioux Falls, SD
• Google maps giving me wrong directions to each one of my stops
• Asking for directions five times in one day (not including the times I asked God)
• Slipping on a sidewalks…pride biting the dust :)
• Inviting myself into an empty retreat center with no check-in
As weird as these types of days are, I am glad they happen every once in awhile. It gives me a chance to talk to Jesus and say…. “I’m glad you know what’s going on.”
Thanks, God, for this day.
1.18.12 Woke up again this morning with the same uncertain feeling…kind of like Goldilocks. It was a little strange to have someone knock on my door in the late evening hours, then not respond when I called out. It was a restless night, thinking I may have stolen someone’s room (though there were plenty open).
Who’s been sleeping in MY bed??
1.20.12 I had a very lovely time (with no uncertainty or awkwardness) at my Brother and Sister-in-law’s house. They were even extremely hospitable when I asked to stay an extra night at their house. :) God has certainly blessed me with great family. Both those I was born with, and those who have married into our family. I love all of them dearly.
As I write this part of my blog…
Where: The Fruited Plain in Sioux Center Iowa
Conditions outside: a snow storm
Conditions inside: good music, a comfy worn-in leather chair, coffee, a yummy cinnamon roll, and lots of books
Why: waiting most of the storm
All this to say: inside conditions + outside conditions = hard for me to want to leave Sioux Center! Hahah… didn’t think I’d ever say that, did you?
Well, I also met some really fun people while I was recruiting out at Dordt, so if you should somehow happen to stumble upon this post, Kaitlyn and Mark, you guys were a blessing! There are for sure some stellar people out in the middle (or on the edge) of Iowa.
This was a sufficiently long post, since I didn’t have internet to post it per day when it was written. All things considered, it was a trip well worth it, for more than just work purposes.
No comments:
Post a Comment