Monday, November 30, 2009

A second opinion...

Well, back in October I mentioned something about a program called JET, Japan Exchange and Teaching program. I was planning on applying to it, all the way up until the week before the application was due. A couple of weeks ago I realized that I hadn't put so much prayer into the process than I thought I had. Oh, I thought about the program a bit. But I didn't listen to God. My "prayers" were kind of lop-sided, if you know what I mean. So I decided to listen a little bit, and was surprised when I realized God had more to say about it than I thought I could hear. It's interesting how much guidance He will give when one stops to listen to something other than their own opinion :P
Anyway. I am kind of taking a step back and a step forward at the same time as it comes to the future. I'm doing a little more listening, and still a bit of pushing and knocking on doors. I'm being cautious, but excited and adventurous at the same time.
All I can say is that as soon as May comes around, I'm done with my job, my lease is up, and I'm a free bird. God can take me wherever these "plans" end up. It's exhilarating to be in the palm of God, Who can have plans far more glorious and intricate and farsighted than I will ever be able to conceive.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I should probably do some more listening too. Might make my life less complicated. Thanks for the reminder :)