Well, God has decided to bless me with a full time job, and I am just finishing the second week of it. Hence, not posting in two weeks. It's been interesting. For the first time in over four years, I now have a steady and set schedule for work. And for the first time in my life, benefits :)
A month ago, I would have said, "I'll take a job anywhere but in food-service again." God does have his sense of humor. Same company. Same place, except in the cafeteria instead of the banquet hall. I have learned some important things while taking on this job, however, and I'm glad for the lessons that God showed me I have yet to learn.
On another note, I am reading Amy Carmichael's biography by Elizabeth Elliot right now. I am really enjoying seeing the process that God brought her through to where she ended up. It reconfirms a hope and a joyful expectation in my own heart that God has the final plan already drawn up. I just need to keep stepping forward in whatever He gives me at the moment.
Amy's sense of urgency for those who are lost also convicted me. She was full of compassion and had a very sharp conscience. She also knew her Bible very well. These are all things I admire that I feel could use a lot of work in my own life. It seems I am constantly battling self-love, apathy, and laziness. Oh! And she placed such a high value on prayer!
I am glad that God gives us role models and figures that point us toward Christ. Whatever is attractive in the character and life of another usually ends up being the reflection of Christ. Praise God.
1 comment:
praying for you, harry. can't wait to see you in another few weeks. Gotta get to bed though because it's nearly 1:30 a.m.
Post a Comment