It's a good thing that it isn't my goal in writing posts to always neatly compose a coherent and well thought-out string of sentances. Or even words. Because my brain is anywhere far from organized and present tonight. My mind feels as if it is floating about three feet in front of me, trying desperately to shove it's millions of little reminders and thoughts in through my ears, nose, mouth, eyes, anywhere they'll fit. I'm suffocating in brain drool.
For the Lord gives wisdom, from his mouth come knowledge and understanding; he stores up sound wisdom for the upright, he is a sheild to those who walk in integrity, guarding the paths of justice and watching over the way of his saints. ~Proverbs 2:6-8
Lord, you've shielded me from far more than I can think or know, and have guarded my path and watched over my way. Please teach me about your wisdom. I know my wishes for understanding or knowledge tend to lean towards "Lord tell me what to do, where to go. Tell me the future..." when that it is not the type of knowledge the Lord wants to impart to me at the moment. Lord, give me true wisdom--wisdom that will enable me to live a day today that will glorify you more with my mouth, my mind, and my motivations.
I take comfort in your Omniscience tonight, God.
Though KTIS plays the song "Beautiful You" practically every two hours, I finally heard in my heart some of the words which God wanted me to listen to yesterday. "You were made to fill a purpose which only you could do..." God is given all the credit in making me who I am supposed to be. He did not chose to make me any other way than the way I am now. I thank God that He has made me and chosen me especially for certain tasks only He knows about. At the same time, I praise Him that there is no food for pride, because only He can enable to to accomplish that which He wishes to do through this life.
1 comment:
your thought about wisdom reminds me of something i learned from pastor as he was going through James. From what he says, "wisdom" when in Greek usually means knowledge, the normal meaning we get. But when it's written in Hebrew, it has a connotation of "skillfullness."
You need both "wisdom" types as you go through your day.
Post a Comment