Saturday, January 30, 2010

Surprise answers to prayer...

So in the last post I mentioned some "knocking on doors" that I was doing-- and one of those doors opened. I applied to a job in Alaska, and lo and behold, I got the job! This summer, I am going to be in Denali National Park, at Denali Backcountry Lodge. It'll be mostly a front desk position, but with some other responsibilities thrown in. It's called "Guest Services Representatvie/Beginner Guide." I'll be working 6 days a week, so I won't really be doing that much travel while I'm out there, but I am stoked for this amazing opportunity! I was laughing last night, as I suddenly had the urge to read through some of my old journals...and I found an entry with this prayer:
"Lord, if it's your will...who but You knows where I'll be someday, but it would be gorgeous to live out West at least for a short period of time. But that is all up to You. Just like everything else. I know sometimes, yes, You give us choices, but I believe You hold my future in Your hands."
I was hoping for maybe the West, and I received even better than I had hoped for- something of which I wouldn't dare dream! North West! I have wanted to go to Alaska for so long!
I love that the Lord takes our hopes whispered in His ear and treasures them up. Laid on the alter of sacrificed will--whether His answer is yes or no--the fruit is contenment in His way.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm jealous! I've wanted to go to Alaska (and Denali in partiicular) forever! Wish I had a couple free weeks to come visit. =) That will be really a great experience.

Helen Martha said...

Lol...that would be great if you could visit!!