Sunday, May 27, 2012

A different type of girl bonding time!

I am very proud of my sister, my mom and myself.  Yesterday we completed our first ever registered race together (though not all at the same time :).  Even though it was just a 5k, and not a marathon or anything close, it was so satisfying to meet each of them at the finish line and cheer each other on, and say "we did it!"  It's a goal which we accomplished, and one I hope may even continue in the future....and maybe others will join! 

Here's a picture of us pre race:


Post-race:

And with our awesome t-shirts we earned! (If the 5k wasn't in tiny print at the bottom, it would look like we actually did the marathon!! :)


It would have been so fun to have all the girls in the family there, but Hillary is in Iowa, and Amy just had baby Shirley.  Maybe later on down the road, baby Shirley can join us too!  I know there were little kids beating me in the race yesterday! :)

No comments: