Today (specifically aside from the everyday truth of this statement), the Lord relentlessly pursued the full affections of my heart and would not let me alone until he had them.
I've known the last week or two that I was holding back a bit, holding something from the Lord that I wanted for myself. But today he would NOT let me be until he had everything...all of me.
I was sitting in church, inwardly convicted as I sang words about surrenduring everything to the Lord. So much so that half way through the sermon, I just had to quietly get up and leave.
Lord....I am SO GLAD you are a jealous God, and that you pursue US.
On the way home after having a "lunch date" with the Lord, I was praying and talking to the Lord and the words refresh and renew came to my mind. It kind of made sense in light of the conversation I was having with him, but it didn't strike me too deeply as something I was specifically supposed to grasp or understand right then and there.
Until I got on my home page at my computer and looked at the "dictionary word of the day".....which I haven't for several months.
The word of the day was: instauration.
1. Renewal; restoration; renovation; repair.
2. An act of institution something; establishment.
All of a sudden, the pursuit which God had been pressing on me for the last couple of weeks compounded and hit me in the heart. He desired instauration in my relationship with him, which I had been holding back. Today, I finally listened to His Spirit's voice in my heart, and TOLD my mind and actions to follow suit, though it was a lot more difficult than just saying a quick prayer.
Lord, I love it when you have your way!
Proverbs 3:5-7 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths staight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil.
And just because I love my Heavenly Father and my earthly Pops :) I missed posting around Father's Day, so here's my post-Father's day piece....LOVE MY DADS! I'm SO thankful for their wisdom and love, and how they point me toward glorifying Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment