So I apologize for the long break between posts. It only seems to me like it's been four or five days, not twenty something! Before I know it, it'll be September.
What's new? Well I've been training/going on hikes as a Naturalist/Guide now, and I also get a second day off per week. It's nice to have two days off, so that I can rest for one, and do something fun with the other. Today I went to Wonder Lake and read basking in the view of the Alaskan Mountain Range. It was beautiful, and I think it's been just about the best day of weather we've had in the last month. Goodness. Now I've just had lunch, and I am going to go out on a hike, I think. This morning there was a cow moose with her two calves that walked through camp and into the creek next to us. That was great :)
I'm trying to learn as much as possible while I am out here...there is so much I don't know, but so much that I'm taking in at the same time. For those who have been here a couple of seasons, it's easy to see how they can gain so much information over the course of a couple of summers, but I feel like it's hard to catch up...at the same time it's not a concern...I just wish I could slice open my brain and shove all the information in there, and download every book we have in the library here. I have gained quite an appreciation for the botany and mammal life God has created, and the ecosystems in general. The history of this region is fascinating as well. Anyway....I should get on my way to get this hike going so I can be back before dinner. Love to all!
Helen
3 comments:
good to know that you are, indeed, still alive and kicking ;)
I agree, I was beginning to think some wild bear had snatched you and taken you off to who knows where! Love, mom
So glad things are going well. :) Miss you here, but i'm excited for you and looking forward to slicing MY brain open to learn from YOU! Proud of you, Helen.
Post a Comment