With less than a month to go before I step off a plane into Anchorage, the question that I most often hear is, "So, are you excited, or nervous?" It's an understandable question to ask. It's just funny how every one seems as if they've read the same script. How even I have asked the programmed questions to friends before. I just wonder about people's perceptions of Alaska. (I have been asked if I had gotten my passport ready.)
Consider:
-Hey! I'm going to Florida for the summer!
~Whoa! Sounds fun! But are you nervous? I've heard there are snakes and alligators. Sometimes hurricanes!
Anyway...
Yes, I'm excited, but not the kind of excited that means I have my bags packed a month and a half early and my bear spray sitting on my dresser top next to my perfume.
And no, I'm not too nervous, except for the part about having mosquito bites on every square inch of my body, and that other part about a mountain man attempting to woo me with his inexplicably long beard and odd hygiene.
On another note. One thing I learned from a recent CPR first aid certification class I found very amusing.
When you need to remember the tempo for compressions, there are two songs which you can compare it to in your head (or out loud, whichever helps you keep the beat).
The first is "Stay Alive." Come on, sing it out loud. OH-OH-OH-OH Stay alive! Stay alive!
Which is a plausible plea for the victim of unconsciousness.
I find the second choice rather humorous, in a morbid, sick sense. Your other choice of song to serenade your unresponsive friend with is..... DUN-DUN-DUN. Another one bites the dust! Lol....I can just hear it now....aaand, another one's down and another one's down....
Well, my eyelids are telling me that 11:30 pm is an easy time to kiss each other good night. And they have almost done so three times in succession now, so I do believe it is time for me to wrap this up. g'night all. and good morning/afternoon to those who read this later.
1 comment:
LOL! It's like I taught that class or something! I remember in nursing school they told us to sing the Happy Birthday song or something while we were washing our hands... I chose "Rescue Me..." I am absolutely positively certain no one in my class had as much fun washing their hands as I did.
Post a Comment