Saturday, February 7, 2009

moving forward...

To preface this, if you don't know...I am considering the possibility of long-term missions service.

The ICS trip and the conference I went to in Denver for WorldVenture have been pointing me toward this (not to mention my major, lol), as well as the conversations I've been having with my advisors, mentors, and my pastor.

However, I am still seeking the Lord's heart in prayer to confirm if this is truly what He wants. It will be a journey, an exciting one (yet one traveled with trembling), and I am eager to see where the Lord leads it.

I'm doing a lot of thinking about what my gifts and strengths are, to see what kind of ministry opportunities I'd fit well with. I talked with Pastor Larry on Friday, and there are some possibilities within the church of checking out a couple different areas of ministry, to try them out.

I want to get involved with my church, investing in the here and now with the people I care about, learning about how to use my gifts and talents in the present. Ministry doesn't start "later."

I'm truly excited about where all this is leading, and I'm filled with wonder at God... wow.

I'd definitely and greatly appreciate prayer along the way. If you have any insight or suggestions as to what you think my strengths and weaknesses are in relation to different types of ministry, that would be good to hear about, as well.

1 comment:

Heather said...

We're praying for you and missing your blogging skills.