$3 worth of vanity will afford you a great deal of misery, if you just know how to do it right. (or wrong.)
Lesson learned re: Helen's arms/hands look like splotchy carrots in the daylight. Maybe not so bad, but pretty close. Pretty sure I should have listened to the warning bells in my head when I bought the fake spray tan from DealSmart. At least I got a laugh out of my own humiliation.
Call it curiosity, call it vanity, call it re-applying your mistake to even out the effects of the first time you attempted it...lol.
Whatever...at least it's still cool enough to be wearing long sleeves a little bit longer :)
On the flip side, I like my new haircut...it's the first time I have had bangs since about 5th grade.
But enough about looks.
I'm thankful God won't let me stay where I'm at forever. But I'm also thankful that He keeps me where I don't want to be sometimes.
I am trying to grasp a little at this lesson of contentment. I suppose in all areas of life.
Last night I had a mind to be packed and ready to fly to Australia and become a Jillaroo for a year. Then I reminded myself of the reasons I chose not to go back to Alaska this coming summer. The reasons why I am choosing to stay put for a little while. I can tell you, my head whirls with many different ideas of adventures and places I could travel/work/live...but when I stop to pray and listen, my mind stills, and I hear a different voice speaking than my own. A Voice which speaks of contentment, waiting, and pleasure in Christ, not whatever momentary thrills I could get from travelling* (*food, technology, movies, relationships, better clothes, a nice tan...too bad I didn't catch that one in time) Not that any of these things are bad things in and of themselves, but the temptation is there for me to let them fill a desire-momentarily-which is a desire only to be fulfilled by contentment in Christ.
Thanks be to God who is more than enough for us. He is infinite.
No comments:
Post a Comment